Category Archives: Food!
This spaghetti sauce has become a quick favourite in the house. Its one that i just chucked together as the kids were complaining of what to eat again. Well, he kids ate all their dinner and even asked for more. The sauce freezes well and can be used for lasagnes, bolognese, baked potatoes etc. This recipe serves four. I now double it and freeze half for another nights dinner. You can always add in pumpkin and sweet potato, the kids (or husband) will be none the wiser!
- 1 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 200g premium mince (you can always substitute for kangaroo mince or lentils if your on a tight budget ($1 a tin!) or vegetarian.
- 1 x zucchini grated
- 1 x carrot grated
- 1 x onion diced – if your not an onion fan you can use half or omit and use onion powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of LowGI Sugar
- Garlic – Add amount to your tasting
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
- pinch of oregano
- pinch of basil
- Heat oil in Frypan and add onion and garlic
- Add mince and cook until brown
- Add grated vegetables, tin of tomato, tomato paste, sugar basil and oregano and stir to combine ingredients
- Leave to simmer for around 10 minutes. If sauce seems a bit thick then you can add water to thin it out.
- Serve over spaghetti, baked potatoes or add to your lasagne, its up to you!